This Week In Silverlight – Windows Phone tools in Beta
What’s new in Silverlight This Week in Silverlight
Recorded July 16, 2010
Silverlight Cream interview with Dave Campbell
*Important* – Dave says that if you’ve moved your Silverlight pages, make sure the’res a redirect so we can still get to that content.
- Windows Phone 7 (WP7) dev tools are in beta!
- Blend for phone is now in the install
- Panorama and Pivot controls will be included in the next couple of weeks.
- WP7 execution model is changing (Tombstoning, launcher, etc.). Get up to speed with part 1 and part 2.
- WP7 training kit updated.
- WP7 book by Charles Petzold has also been updated.
- Frank La Vigne has a mega list of WP7 resources.
- Make sure to check out the code for this Offline RSS reader for WP7.
- Hello World on WP7 with MVVM Light by Allen Newton.
- Walt Ritscher ships Shazzam (pixel shader tool).
- Make sure you understand WP7 and push notifications.
The crew tries to figure out how to get a phone
Kowtow to the folks you know at Microsoft (show your demo projects, etc.). Not sure how we feel about this… Shouldn’t the (potential) phone devs receive more of a first class treatment? Afterall, they’re who will make or break the Windows Phone 7 project.
An early review says WP7 sucks
This review makes Erik nervous. The other hosts are more sanguine. It seems like this person is mabye just trying to make headlines?
Brian Hendersonis a Silverlight Designer/Architect and INETA Community Champion. A few of the activities Brian can be found participating are flying (pilot), kayaking, hiking, or just taking video/photos.
Kelly White is an independent Silverlight Consultant. He previously lead the PDXUX.Net user group, and now runs the Portland Silverlight User Group with Erik Mork. Kelly has presented at user groups and code camps throughout the northwest on both Silverlight and WPF.
Music kindly provided by YACHT.