This Week In Silverlight – Phones are here!
What’s new in Silverlight This Week in Silverlight
Recorded July 9, 2010
- Adam Kinney has left Microsoft and is now at Pixel Lab. Congrats.
- Dave Campbell of Silverlight Cream has 899 Silverlight posts up (with *thousands* of links). Congrats.
- Tim Heuer on creating a PivotViewer in Silverlight.
- Martin Duffy has a 3 part series on working with PivotViewer. 1 2 3
- Great XNA + WP7 tutorial.
- Post on MVVM Light Messaging.
- Laurent Bugnion’s Multitouch behaviors for Windows Phone 7.
- XAML Power Toys gone wild
Imagination cup winners got Samsung Windows Phone 7 Phones
These are the first WP7 phones in the wild. The entire crew is jealous.
Silverlight for Symbian is released
It’s based on SL2, and it’s out in the wild. Erik wonders if there’s a *real* development story there. No reason to think there isn’t… but it’s a suspiciously quiet release.
Kin phones dead – revisited with campus rumors
Microsoft is taking a lot of flack over this. But every big company makes these mistakes. Remember the Rockr?
MS rank and file (really talented folks!) are feeling embarrassed over the whole Kin thing.
There’s a leadership shuffle at the mothership. Will the… less talented… execs take control of WP7? If so… game over. Enter 10 years of Mobile failure.
Application Of The Week
The Silverlight Media Framework is app of the week again! (v2 released)
Checkout the Agilitrain Silverlight Advanced classes. The next is in Atlanta on July 22nd.
XNA Game dev for WP7 on July 15, 2010
Mix 11 is April 12-14
Brian Hendersonis a Silverlight Designer/Architect and INETA Community Champion. A few of the activities Brian can be found participating are flying (pilot), kayaking, hiking, or just taking video/photos.
Kelly White is an independent Silverlight Consultant. He previously lead the PDXUX.Net user group, and now runs the Portland Silverlight User Group with Erik Mork. Kelly has presented at user groups and code camps throughout the northwest on both Silverlight and WPF.
Music kindly provided by YACHT.