This Week in Silverlight 4.1.2010
What’s new in Silverlight This Week in Silverlight
Recorded April 1, 2010
Shout Out to MVPs
- 3D Browser in Silverlight
- John Papa works on a ViewModel locator using MEF
- Hacking Blend with Scott Barnes (@MossyBlog)
- Changing templates with the Silverlight Designer and seeing the changes immediately
- Jeff Wilcox and unit testing on WP7
- Status of Silverlight on Mobile Platforms
- Charlie Kindel (@ckindel) on Silverlight and Major League Soccer on WP7
- The future is Silverlight
- Countdown clock in Silverlight 4
iPad – list of HTML5 sites that will work on the iPad.
Silverlight vs HTML5
Erik wonders if the HTML5 spec really competes with Silverlight at all. The types of problems we often solve in Silverlight (tracking of entities, etc.) aren’t even in the spec…
Brian wonders if the spec will be done in anything like the near future.
Kelly wonders about the browser specific implementations of HTML5 and browser compatability.
Application of the Week
Brian Hendersonis a Silverlight Designer/Architect and INETA Community Champion. A few of the activities Brian can be found participating are flying (pilot), kayaking, hiking, or just taking video/photos.
Kelly White is an independent Silverlight Consultant. He previously lead the PDXUX.Net user group, and now runs the Portland Silverlight User Group with Erik Mork. Kelly has presented at user groups and code camps throughout the northwest on both Silverlight and WPF.
Music kindly provided by YACHT.