Show 111: Silverlight Redemption
What’s new This Week in Silverlight
- The crew talks about the Firestarter. It’s coming up, and there we’re going to learn about Silverlight v.Next.
- If you’re in Porland, you can catch a ride to the Firestarter on a wifi equipped bus.
- Novell was just purchased? What does this mean for Mono, MonoTouch and Monodroid?
- Wallace McClure bet big on Monotouch. He bet on it when the App Store story wasn’t clear (would Steve Jobs let those apps into the AppStore?…). If this deal kills Monotouch, that would *hugely* suck (for him and everyone else). (btw, Wally would like to mention Chris Hardy, Craig Dunn, Bob Elliott and Jim Minatel for their help on the book).
- Kelly gives his thoughts on the LG phone and Windows Phone 7.
- iOS 4.2 released today!!
- Revenues from Windows Phone 7 won’t be known until next year.
- Listen for Balmer to announce something about developer revenues at CES. If he doesn’t…
Brian Henderson is a Silverlight Designer/Architect and INETA Community Champion. A few of the activities Brian can be found participating are flying (pilot), kayaking, hiking, or just taking video/photos.
Kelly White is an independent Silverlight Consultant. He previously lead the PDXUX.Net user group, and now runs the Portland Silverlight User Group with Erik Mork. Kelly has presented at user groups and code camps throughout the northwest on both Silverlight and WPF.
Music kindly provided by YACHT.