This Week in Silverlight 4.9.2010
What’s new in Silverlight This Week in Silverlight
Recorded April 9, 2010
- World’s first Windows Phone 7 app design agency. (Thanks Ian Smith)
- .Toolbox – Silverlight and Expression online learing.
- Metro theme sneak peak from Tim Heuer
- Corrina Black talking about great design in Portland.
- Scott Barnes on the importance of pre-loaders and good Ux while your app loads.
- The Silverlight Consulting Life.
- Silverlight 4 releasing on April 13th?
- Silverlight in the living room here and here and here. (a few worries about the number of areas where our Silverlight apps will be running in the future)
- MVVM Light Toolkit (v3SP1 supporting WP7) released.
Apple prevents cross-compiling on App Store Apps
Are (admittedly vague) hopes for Silverlight on iPhone DEAD??? Apple’s new licensing for the iPhone Operating System section 3.31 for iPhone OS4.
Erik feels sick to his stomach. Is Monotouch dead? What about *all* of the developers who have already written applications on Unity/Monotouch and had them accepted in the App Store?
Kelly thinks there’s an opportuntity to learn Objective C.
Is this a way to avoid the “collapse to the bottom” in the App Store?
Blend 4. Is it going to be released with Visual Studio 2010 or not?
Kelly says that it would be weird if it doesn’t ship with Visual Studio.
Erik bemoans the crashiness of Blend 4 Beta.
Application of the Week
Brian Hendersonis a Silverlight Designer/Architect and INETA Community Champion. A few of the activities Brian can be found participating are flying (pilot), kayaking, hiking, or just taking video/photos.
Kelly White is an independent Silverlight Consultant. He previously lead the PDXUX.Net user group, and now runs the Portland Silverlight User Group with Erik Mork. Kelly has presented at user groups and code camps throughout the northwest on both Silverlight and WPF.
Music kindly provided by YACHT.