Show 108: The HTML5/Silverlight “Controversy” with Scott Barnes
What’s new This Week in Silverlight
Scott Barnes Interview
Silverlight was much more popular than expected.
Silverlight isn’t going anywhere
Enterprise adoption has been crazy good.
- Is the “WPF replaced by HTML5″ thought even a possibility? It sounds like such a weird idea.
- The core problem is that the ranks of .NET developers isn’t growing.
- PHP is the 800 lb gorilla inside of Microsoft – what to do?
- How can more developers be brought onto the Microsoft stack?
- Scott is extremely supportive of Silverlight.
- HTML5 great, but it’s a celebration of mediocrity.
- Plugins aren’t the best idea, but they’re better, faster and more mature than html5.
- Scott’s frustration: Microsoft gets locked into a path without outside input sometimes.
- Scott’s thoughts on Windows Phone 7. He doesn’t like Metro.
- Will Scott take us through the Windows Phone 7 development reset story? No!!!
- Can you tell us about the secret stuff you were excited about when you left Microsoft? Have they come to pass? Are they still
Former Product Manager (Silverlight/WPF) Microsoft Corp, UX Specialist, Chief RIAologist of RIAGENIC.com, Code Poet and Deep Sleep Pixel Zen Master.
Brian Henderson is a Silverlight Designer/Architect and INETA Community Champion. A few of the activities Brian can be found participating are flying (pilot), kayaking, hiking, or just taking video/photos.
Kelly White is an independent Silverlight Consultant. He previously lead the PDXUX.Net user group, and now runs the Portland Silverlight User Group with Erik Mork. Kelly has presented at user groups and code camps throughout the northwest on both Silverlight and WPF.
Music kindly provided by YACHT.