Show 112: Scott Guthrie on Silverlight 5
Microsoft VP Scott Guthrie Inverview at the Silverlight Firestarter
Recorded December 2, 2010
For this show, we were able to catch up with Scott Guthrie at the Silverlight Firestarter. He was kind enough to give us an interview, and we asked all of our Silverlight 5 questions. Including:
- A lot of folks tuned into the keynote. Scott gives a sense of how many people were watching from home.
- What is Scott’s favorite Silverlight 5 feature?
- Can you write a 3D accelerated first person shooterwith the new Silverlight 5 API?
- What is the best way to get up to speed with the Silverlight 5 3D API *right now*?
- Some surprising info: don’t thinking of the Silverlight 3D API as a 3D API…. think of it as a GPU API (insert posibilities here…).
- See the Silverlight 5 keynote here.
Brian Henderson is a Silverlight Designer/Architect and INETA Community Champion. A few of the activities Brian can be found participating are flying (pilot), kayaking, hiking, or just taking video/photos.
Kelly White is an independent Silverlight Consultant. He previously lead the PDXUX.Net user group, and now runs the Portland Silverlight User Group with Erik Mork. Kelly has presented at user groups and code camps throughout the northwest on both Silverlight and WPF.
Music kindly provided by YACHT.