Modularity in Prism
Modularity is one of the best things about Prism: It allows us to separate concerns and make testable, maintainable applications. It’s also one of the easiest concepts to understand. This show: Modularity in Prism. This show was taped on location in Microsoft building 5 with Patterns & Practices team members Bob Brumfield and David Hill. Also joining us was Shawn Wildermuth.
We talk about:
- Benefits of modularity in Prism
- Asynchronous downloading of modules
- How modules are tied to .dlls and .xap files
- Containers and Unity in Prism
- An overview of Services
- How Services allow testing
- Using containers other than Unity
See out companion hyper-video on how to do Testing, Module Catalogs, and Unity in Prism for Silverlight. In addition, we have a previous hyper-video all about Silverlight Prism and how to create a new Prism project.
Music kindly provided by YACHT
Follow us on twitter