In the Trenches: You’re Making Applications Backwards
In The Silverlight Trenches
This show is all about Developer/Designer misconceptions. There’s a marketing story (“Designers use Blend and Developers use Visual Studio”), but how does this work out in real life? To find out, I interviewed Mike Wolf. He explains how we’re making applications backwards.
Stuff Mike talks about:
- The fundamentally different way that developers/designers think about applications.
- The optimal physical proximity of developers/designers.
- How application development is moving away from straight Engineering and more towards art.
- The best designers need to know more than just how to make an amazing interface. Mike explains what else they need to know.
- How the Visual State Manager (VSM) has proved an unexpected help in designer/developer interactions.
- How most of us are working on applications backwards. *- A little bit mind blowing.