This Week In Silverlight 7.23.2010 – Early Windows Phone 7 Reviews
What’s new in Silverlight This Week in Silverlight
Recorded July 23, 2010
- MSFT giving out Windows Phone 7 (WP7) devices to all employees.
- Justin Angel (@JustinAngel): “Microsoft should just say to developers: 99.9% of you will only touch a Windows Phone 7 device once you buy one.”
- WP7 is getting good reviews on Engadget and Wired.
- Silverlight Analytics Framework updated.
- Postvision is a new Silverlight 3D Engine.
- What Silverlight apps would you “sell” to MSFT?
- Shawn Wildermuth has an MSDN page talking about how he built Give-A-Quiz.
- 5 hardware partners to have WP7 devices at launch.
- WP7 UI Guide is available.
- Links to video recordings to 1st Windows Phone 7 Jumpstart
- Blend-O-Rama – Lunch Series
- Contest: Win a BALL Watch by creating one in Expression Blend with Silverlight
- Contest:VS Ultimate + MSDN subscription for styling controls.
App of the Week
Brian Hendersonis a Silverlight Designer/Architect and INETA Community Champion. A few of the activities Brian can be found participating are flying (pilot), kayaking, hiking, or just taking video/photos.
Kelly White is an independent Silverlight Consultant. He previously lead the PDXUX.Net user group, and now runs the Portland Silverlight User Group with Erik Mork. Kelly has presented at user groups and code camps throughout the northwest on both Silverlight and WPF.
Music kindly provided by YACHT.