A Podcast You Should Listen To
I am pleased, excited and terrified to announce that Yet Another Podcast will be launching on September 20, 2010.
This is not your momma’s podcast.
Here are my guiding principles:
- Do not waste the listener’s time
- This is not radio
- Discuss, don’t interview
- Focus, focus, focus
These half dozen principles lead to the following decisions (every one of which may change over time!)
- Focus: Our central topic will be Windows Phone 7, with secondary topics including Silverlight, Programming and Best Practices
- Not Radio: No intro, no outro, no bumbers, no announcer
- Don’t Waste The Lister’s Time: The shows run as long as they take. No fixed format. Count on something between 20 and 40 minutes, except when they are longer or shorter.
- Discuss: Lots of guests, but no interviews, no canned questions, lots of real programmers discussing real issues
- Don’t Waste The Listener’s time: Useful information or shut up.
The show will be posted every other Wednesday starting on September 22.
Comment line: 1-347-YAP-CAST (1-347-927-2278)
He’s even got a comment line which is just about the coolest thing ever
I’ve been honored to be on his 2nd show. We talk about Windows Phone 7, iOS and marketplaces.